Focus on your work whilst we focus on your work environment
Salisbury has a range of facilities management monitoring solutions to ensure your working environment is well-managed and allows your people to thrive, making them more productive.
The Salisbury team are passionate about delivering uncompromising quality and service, so you and importantly, your employees, don’t waste any time on incidental issues.
Our range of facilities management monitoring solutions will help to ensure that your health and safety critical services are consistently maintained to the right standards and that you have the necessary compliance to meet legal, regulatory and insurance requirements.
Salisbury has accreditations for the following recognised standards:
- OHSAS 18001 – safety systems
- ISO 14001 – environmental management systems
- ISO 9001 – quality systems
Facilities management monitoring solutions
- Health & Safety Services
- Health & Safety Audits
- Asbestos Management
- Fire Risk Management
- Construction Safety and CDM
Health and Safety Services
- Air quality monitoring and assessment
- Asbestos material identification
- Asbestos statutory reinspections
- Assessment of exposure to dusts, vapours, gases and mists
- Chemical and microbiological sampling and analysis
- Food safety
- H&S audit
- Monitoring, assessing and controlling employee exposure to chemical, physical and biological hazards in the work place
- Pest control
- Portable appliance testing
- Project management of asbestos removals under HSE supervisory licence
- Provision of competent person
- Reporting requirements for health and safety and security systems
- Water hygiene and Legionella risk assessment
- Water safety analysis
- Water safety, hygiene and treatment
Health and safety audits
There is an expectation that Senior Management have a thorough understanding of their organisational Occupational Health and Safety Performance. Performance monitoring and the auditing programme would almost certainly be scrutinised by an enforcing body during any investigation.
What is an Audit?
An audit is a process(es) that supports organisations in measuring their health and safety performance and strive towards continual improvement; they can improve culture and create a shared sense of purpose.
Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Audits should be tailored towards the specific needs of the organisation and will identify any new hazards in the workplace, relevant trends and as well as your OHS objectives.
How Salisbury Compliance Makes a Difference
At Salisbury Compliance, we will discuss the scope of the audit with you, to ensure that you receive the deliverables that you need. An audit scope will be determined by the size of your organisation, particular standards or areas of compliance and the types of activities for which you are responsible.
In addition we will take the time to meet with you on completion to discuss the findings and advise on practicable solutions and timescales to address any deficiencies.
Summary of Services
- Compliance Audits
- System Audits
- Safety Culture
- Corporate Governance
In 2012-13, over 13,500 notices were issued by the Health and Safety Executive and local authorities in relation to asbestos management, resulting in over 700 convictions. The most common reasons for failure were for not adequately identifying asbestos or communicating its location to contractors or other third parties.
Duty to Manage Asbestos
The duty to manage is a legal requirement directed at those who manage non-domestic premises.
The duty holder is the person or organisation that has a clear responsibility for the maintenance or repair of non-domestic premises through an explicit tenancy agreement or contract.
Key requirements include that the duty holder to take reasonable steps to find out if there are materials containing asbestos and if so, its amount, where it is and what condition it is in. In addition they must make a record of the location and its condition and keep this up-to-date.
An asbestos management plan that sets out in detail how the risks from these materials will be managed must then be prepared and implemented. Information on the location and condition of the materials must then be communicated to anyone who is liable to work on or disturb them.
How Salisbury Compliance Makes a Difference
Salisbury Compliance can arrange for one of our competent UKAS accredited Asbestos surveyors to undertake a management or a refurbishment and demolition survey for your building.
In addition, we can develop a specific asbestos management plan for your building, which will set out:
- Who is responsible for managing asbestos
- The asbestos register
- Plans for work on asbestos materials
- The schedule for monitoring the materials' condition
- The procedures for telling people about your decisions
Summary of Services
- Management and Refurbishment and Demolition Surveys
- Asbestos Management Plans
- Asbestos Awareness Training
Fire risk management
Salisbury are committed to providing fire consultancy services, so that your assets, both people and premises are protected and maintained to the right standards.
Whether you are a small or large organisation, a fire or failure to comply with legislation can pose a serious and significant risk and cost to your business. This is especially true where organisations rely upon, or operate from a single premise. The worst eventuality would be multiple fatalities, but even small fires can be devastating and can cause critical disruption and loss.
Salisbury Compliance Services offer comprehensive Fire Safety Management support – starting by reviewing your buildings fire strategy either at the design stage of a new build or refurbishment project, or by analysing your existing fire management system. The essential purpose is not merely to identify gaps but to create a structure for the implementation, review and audit of your fire safety risk assessment, policies, training and emergency arrangements.
Fire Risk Assessments
Our Fire Risk Assessments are not just a survey or a tick-box exercise but a comprehensive analysis of a building’s activities, occupants and human behaviour.
Salisbury Compliance Services Fire Risk Assessment’s (FRA) are carried out in accordance with the PAS 79 recommended methodology and also consider the Fire Safety Risk Assessment Guidance documents, British Standards and other relevant legislation.
How Salisbury Compliance Services make a difference
Salisbury provide a high quality, personal service at very competitive rates, placing great emphasis on the training and capability of our in-house consultants, which gives you the reassurance of a thorough, competent and reliable service.
- Our Fire Safety Professionals are highly qualified and are in possession of the NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management certificate (or equivalent), as a minimum.
- All of our fire safety professionals have a health and safety managerial background and therefore recognise the importance of developing a report with specific and pragmatic solutions. If necessary, we will advise on areas where fire precautions exceed requirements, which may enable significant financial savings to be made.
- Ability to deliver a comprehensive range of fire consultancy services, including Fire Risk Assessments, Emergency Plans, Fire Safety Management Systems and a range of training programmes.
Salisbury has developed a comprehensive fire risk management database for clients with a portfolio of premises. The database assists the management of legal obligations under the RRFSO to manage the findings and review assessment.
Fire Risk Management Services
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Fire Emergency Plans
- Testing and Maintenance
- Fire training
- Fire Policy and Procedures
Construction safety and CDM
A well-coordinated project not only improves operative welfare, but also:
- Reduces delays to the programme
- Reduces costs, not only during the construction phase but also through the ongoing lifecycle of the building
- Reduces bureaucracy and raises standards
How Salisbury Compliance Services Make a Difference
At Salisbury Compliance Services, we take a pro-active approach to construction safety, engaging with all project stakeholders making ourselves a valuable asset within any project team.
The leadership shown by our Consultants will help deliver value by:
- Facilitating effective communication between stakeholders in the design and delivery processes
- Reducing costs and risk management issues through the encouragement of whole-life strategic thinking by the design team
- Understanding site constraints and difficulties particularly in relation to practical delivery
- Reducing bureaucracy – paperwork will not be created unnecessarily. Instead, we believe that documentation should only be produced if it will add real value to the project.
All of these issues are integrated whilst supporting innovation, the clients' aspirations and value for money. We can also carry out Contractor Vetting and SSiP Approval (CHAS / Safe-contractor) if required.
Please contact us for a more information about our solutions.