Salisbury Group (consisting of ‘Salisbury Workplace Services Ltd’, ‘Salisbury Integrated Services Ltd’, and ‘Salisbury Security Services Ltd’) is committed to continually reducing our environmental impact associated with managing the provision of building and facilities management services. We intend to create a better environment through encouraged sustainable business practices, through the services we provide, and through our people who provide them.
As part of our ongoing commitment to the protection of the environment, Salisbury will continue to document, implement and maintain a suitable, integrated environmental management system that endeavours to:
- Reduce waste in all aspects of our business, from Security to Engineering, by utilising sustainable technologies which minimise energy and materials consumption
- Increase employee awareness and understanding of the part they play in the achievement of our goals through effective qualification, training and communication
- Improve Tier 1 suppliers’ awareness of this policy and request them to adopt similar practices and values; and also use the practices and values of this policy as part of our selection criteria for new suppliers where appropriate
- Prevent pollution and environmental incidents through continually improving our environmental performance
- Comply with all legislation (relevant local, UK and European) and other requirements, including the Environmental Protection Act (EPA) 1990, the Climate Change Act 2008, the Waste (England & Wales) Regulations 2012, and the Energy Act 2016
- Agree environmental objectives and targets and review these at regular intervals
We recognise that maintaining a high standard of environmental management and sustainability generally not only provides legal assurance, but it also demonstrates Salisbury’s ethical values and our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint through better energy and waste management.
We assign responsibility throughout the management chain for the implementation of our environmental management system, by ensuring we have competent people to undertake their duties. A competent team, led by the QSHE Director, ensures that the management system is reviewed for effectiveness, updated for improvement, and audited for compliance.
This Policy is communicated to all employees, and is also available on our website.
Chief Executive Officer
Date: November 2018